23 december 2006

Interview: Al Jazeera's Wadah Kanfar

A couple of days off from studying and other things on my to-do-list are put to use by my body to throw out the semi-flu that had been right under the surface for a couple of weeks. In other words, no reading books in coffee bars for me today, I am at home, with an ear- and throatache. It has its charms, definitely. Seeing my bed for longer than 8 hours is kind of nice, and I have actually watched two dvds in 24 hours, which has not happened for ages. The best thing, however, is that I was able to watch the tv-programmes that I have wanted to watch all week: a discussion in Buitenhof with two prominent Dutchmen on current developments in politics AND Joris Luyendijk's interview with Al Jazeera's General Director Mr. Wadah Kanfar. Very interesting to learn more about the man behind the channel that is in the news a lot, but that I did not know so much about. Check it out! ;)

('Wereldgasten' had to cut out the clips Kanfar had selected due to copyrights, so the programme has been divided into 11 parts.)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

1 opmerking:

machiruda zei

You might also be interested in this article, which is a review of a book on Al-Jazeera Arabic about how it became so big so quickly.